- Taras Shevchenko National University, Kyiv, Faculty of International Relations and International Law, Department of International Economic Relations (1977).
- Doctor of Science in Economics (2000), member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2006), author of over 180 scientific articles, including the articles published abroad (the United Kingdom, the USA, Germany, Russia, Hungary, etc.).
- Research Associate, the Head of the Institute for Social and Economic Problems of Foreign Countries, the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (1980–1992), Institute of World Economy and International Relations of NAS of Ukraine (1992–2000), Institute of Economic Forecasting of NAS of Ukraine (1992–2005), Institute of Economics and Forecasting of NAS of Ukraine (2005–2012).
- Advisor on foreign policy to the President of Ukraine (1994–1995).
- Director of economic programmes of the Razumkov Centre (2001–2004).
Spheres of activity: research on strategy and mechanism of foreign trade, structural transformations of economy, external aspects of economic growth, global economic regulation, international economic integration, international competitiveness, foreign investment, economic relations between Ukraine and the EU and regional groupings in the CIS.